Tyrannical/Power-Crazy Moderation

drama

Please note: this thread is not to rant, start controversy or be served as a defiance of authority -- it was simply created to spread awareness of the current rigorous (and often inaccurate) moderation.

It is of my belief that kidschat's current moderators are consistently doing things in spite of their general expectations such as: accusing users of offenses based on presumptions, punishing users for rules not thoroughly advocated or even existent, purposefully arguing with users only to use their power as a last resort, and many more difficulties users constantly run into.

Personal experience:
Recently, just because I decided to talk to a moderator about "VPNS" (hypothetical thinking), they were quick to assume that I was "using one" and almost instantly removed me from the chat without prior warning. Again, I never stated that I "owned" one and made it clear that I was only speaking hypothetically.

1621664966822.png
(was removed for 20 minutes exact only to receive a extended kick without any reduction as part of the other kick's wait)

Another incident occurred where unlisted rules were being created, and a variety of users were punished for something that is not even in the rulebook.
e.g: False reports/accidental reports/general confusion.

This causes a majority of kidschat's users to climb into a state of fear, and only respond based on how the "mods" are going to perceive their message. This makes it difficult to chat with friends, respond to specific messages, or even "have fun".

To conclude this thread, many users would be much more appreciative if leniency were to be more asserted, and we weren't forced to act in a certain manner just to not receive a disciplinary action.

Last edited:
What false reports? I was generally confused as to how the reports work, and I generally never received a decent warning or even an explanation to how they work.
crit explained it to you…
you reported my posts various times for no reason
so i kicked you?

crit explained it to you…
you reported my posts various times for no reason
so i kicked you?
1: no he didn't -- all he did was tell me to stop nd false reports are generally not listed in the rules, so me without clear instruction from a reliable source, i experimented with them unknowing that i would be removed from the site
2: I reported your posts because I was aware that you would see them and not take action simply because I'm a new user and don't know how they work
3: yep, and you also decided to add additional minutes to my suspension after it's been 20 minutes because of god knows why

1: no he didn't -- all he did was tell me to stop nd false reports are generally not listed in the rules, so me without clear instruction from a reliable source, i experimented with them unknowing that i would be removed from the site
2: I reported your posts because I was aware that you would see them and not take action simply because I'm a new user and don't know how they work
3: yep, and you also decided to add additional minutes to my suspension after it's been 20 minutes because of god knows why
1. you sure about that? if it comes from a mod its obviously reliable as a source
2. its common sense on how a report would work???
3. that wasnt me. i gave you a 30 minute kick. steven gave you the hour for joking about using a VPN.

You were using a school based connection, which has been blacklisted due to the abuse we've recently suffered from. If you can, access your account from non-survilianced devices, otherwise you will experince such issues.

Vpn users are ip rollers. They have been banned in the past. Most chat sites block vpn. Moderators will continue to crack down on vpn and TOR users in chat. The kicks stand as they are. Next time you will get 6 hours.

I don’t need that, unless needed.

And the people who chat here thinks I’m serious of how I act.

This is online, so I can act in any way.

I don’t act like this in real life for sure.

And that was last night or this morning when I was going to bed.

Don’t think whatever I say online is going to be fact or what sort.

It’s not a personality issue, it’s just fake of what I type here mostly.

So, don’t take it seriously my man.
You're actually psychotic. Just because you fake how you act doesn't mean anything, thats a whole disorder in itself. Seek help, honestly, its concerning.